Monday, January 26, 2015

मेरा भारत महान: MY INDIA IS GREAT!

Today, January 26th, is celebrated as Republic Day in India. Ever since childhood years, I have heard the phrase " My India is great!" Since I wasn't aware of other countries, their policies, and their development, I easily believed, in fact, passionately, in this phrase. But let me back up first! Republic Day is celebrated because today was the day in 1948 when our republic government was first formed. The children in India are instilled with so much love, respect, and passion towards the patriotic country that a true, a true, Indian will defend our motherland till his last breath (as much exaggerated as it sounds, it's not; this is serious, I'm serious!).

After I grew up and was exposed to the entrepreuship of the world, my feelings and respect for the culture and tradition of India. The love towards family, the faith in various Gods, and the acknowledgment of every individual's rights and beliefs - draws me closer and closer to it. Moving to America didn't pull me away from appreciating my culture, but strengthened the bond between me and my homeland.

Even though we are taught to be patriotic, we still learn from other developed countries and try to improve ourselves and I know we will.

Again, मेरा भारत महान|

No comments:

Post a Comment