Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"INTERESTING" DISCUSSION


While having a discussion about Dickens, his technique, and the plot of "Great Expectations," I suddenly received a text; it was from Lilly. Upon reading it, it made perfect sense to connect it with the lecture we were having. Even though analyzing an author's purpose and theme of his piece of work takes knowledge, perspective, patience, and technicality, it also requires so much passion towards the issue, that it gets irritating after a while. Sometimes, all I want and expect (wow, the book's title is just perfect!) is to sit in my room with a cup of hot chocolate in one hand and a great book in another, which can engross my thoughts and emotions into it to such an extent that I feel as if I am living in their world and experiencing their, well, experiences. At that perfect moment, I can almost guarantee no reader, an English professor or an author or a simple student like me, would even imagine themselves analyzing. I love literature and reading, not because of its depth or my capabilities of analyzation (which, by the way ranges from average to genius; I just have to be in the mood, I guess!) but only because it lets me escape the world of negativity and pressure, to adventure and love. When I saw this picture, I knew I had to share it somehow, just didn't know on what occasion. I thank you to give me the opportunity to do so. I know this is not the traditional discussion an English teacher would expect, but neither this class nor you go by the traditionality of the world!!!

1 comment:

  1. YES!!! This is the same sort of thinking that led me to write "how we read" http://drprestonsrhsenglitcomp14.blogspot.com/2014/07/how-we-read.html

    ReplyDelete