Monday, January 12, 2015

BACK FROM WINTER BREAK: CONVERSATION WITH JISU

Even though Jisu and I are collaborating on our masterpiece and doing it together, I thought I should still create a blog post about our conversation and ideas. Jisu and I met up over winter break and began to write a song. At first, I wanted to compose my own music to the lyrics but when we talked, we both agreed to make our masterpiece more of a remix and choose a melody that creates a mood and an environment that fits the theme of our song.

Next, for the writing, we initially created a "pre-write" where we took notes on what was important first: the point of view of the song, the theme of the song, target audience, etc. After this, we both, individually wrote lines that we felt would describe our tone towards our topic, which resulted in similar tone for both of us.

Even though, the lyrics to our song are not completely finished yet, it is definitely a work in progress. Along with writing lyrics, we both discussed a novel for the Literature Analysis, hence the same book. I also felt that we opened up even more than we already were and it was a great experience to be jotted down in senior year memory book!

No comments:

Post a Comment