Tuesday, December 2, 2014

WROTE IN JUNIOR YEAR FOR A WRITING CONTEST: BY ME

"Dream and give yourself permission to envision a you that you choose to be."1
Quote repeatedly aggravating me.
Irked and unnoticed by everyone,
What else could I have done?
My life wasn't the way people saw it,
Just a girl on a string performing a skit.
"What're you planning?"
"Debating."
Hope in the heart abolished,
Following what everyone wished.
I walk alone, fall alone,
Get up and try again alone.
In the midst of all the hubbub about my future,
No one noticed that I viewed myself as a failure.
Just someone ordinary,
No talent viewed as if extraordinary.
Destiny wanted my hope alive,
Magic entered my life.
Only a beginner,
Now being noticed as a winner.
Confusion, Anger, Suspicion,
My idol said, "Go achieve your mission."
"What did you do?"
"Gave the happiness that belongs to you.
Your writing, your passion can inspire"
"I trusted you with it; it's you I admire.
You published my life through my work,"
She said, with a smirk,
"You never believed that dreams could come true,
but you never realized that your passion did accrue."
My life took a different course,
Surprised - not a hint of remorse.
Suddenly, I was looking at myself,
I saw my sister lose hope in her own future self.
"Sister, do dreams come true?
If they do, you be my guru."
My chance to pay forward,
"Yes sister, like me you'll be spurred."





1 Quote by: Joy Page

No comments:

Post a Comment